Saturday, April 17, 2010

Surprise Shopping

Just yesterday I discovered this awesome frame that Ikea sells (the Ung Drill) and decided that I needed to have one. It's a gorgeous plastic replication of a cast iron decorational frame. I have absolutely zero room for it in my apartment, but I still needed it. There are some things you just cannot miss getting. While there I ventured into the as is room and picked up two 11 3/4 X 15 3/4 white Ribba frames for $8 each. I have no idea why they were in the as is room for as is prices, but they seemed fine as far as I could tell.

Then today I ventured out to my favourite thrift store in Scarborough with the intention of placing a bid on four gorgeous brass framed pictures that will be in their live auction on the 26th and possibly getting a pair of pants or two for work.

Then I got there and noticed that all skirts were half off.

Now I already have at least 50 skirts, but I bought another ten today. I just can't help myself! Anyway, for $55 I got the following:

10 skirts
4 tops
2 jackets

My skirts ranged in price from $1.50 to $4! Steals, all of them! I'd take pictures but my legs are not in skirt shape today. ;) I will get pictures at some point, though. Some of them are just gorgeous!

I also bought some more tops and two dresses when I was there earlier in the week. I seriously need more storage space for my clothing, it's getting a little ridiculous. I think I need to do an apartment make over.

Anyway, I also need to figure out what to do with my Ung frame. The only thing I know for sure is that I don't want to leave it black. Or if I did, I'd need to spray paint it so it doesn't look like shiny plastic. I'm thinking of painting it white or bright red. I'm just not sure which.

And then what do I do with the inside? I don't really have any artwork that would fit in there. I could possibly have a mat made and then frame some other artwork I have, but then I could also paint it with the rest of my chalkboard paint I have left over.

So many options, but still nowhere to hang it.

And to end off my happy post - my boys just demolished Hannover today, 7-0! I do feel bad for Hannover, but wtfever, I'm not letting my pity over take my pride! They needed this ahead of their Champion's League semi-final with Lyon on Wednesday. I am so proud to be a Bayern fan. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have that exact same frame at home. I have been meaning to get a picture done to put into it. It's a gorgeous frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what I'm going to frame in there now, I just need to get a round black mat done since the picture I have is rectangular. I think the frame will stay black for the time being (because I'm lazy;) but I think I might spray paint it red at some point!

    ReplyDelete