Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fishing Under Ice

This morning I randomly stumbled across a link to what may be the most beautiful video I've seen recently. It's captivating and breathtaking, yet insanely serene and calming. There are times when it seems like all of these advancements in technology are more of a hindrance than a help, but then you find gems like this that make all the other hassle worthwhile.



Apparently the music for the video is equally as gorgeous, but I actually haven't listened to it. Instead I've been watching this video and listening to Given by Falling You. I think the two fit wonderfully together, both serene, but with an underlying sense of sadness and loneliness (granted, on the scale of melodrama, it's not very high, as I mean the feelings of loneliness and sadnes that aren't really crippling, but that come from true solitude in a landscape without warmth and light).

They've both been taking me on a bit of a journey this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment